Best of the West General Information:
APRIL 14th and 15th, 2018.
SIGN UP FOR 2018 Best of the West Tournament here
Hotels options are below!
Send payment to:
Big Sky Volleyball Club, PO Box 3832, Bozeman, MT 59719
|Bozeman High School||205 N 11th Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715|
|Belgrade Event Center||220 Spooner Rd, Belgrade, MT 59714|
12’s will be at Belgrade High on Saturday, April 14th
14s will be at Bozeman High on Saturday, April 14th.
16s will be at Bozeman High on Sunday, April 15th.
18s will be at Belgrade High on Sunday, April 15th.
- Coaches meeting will be held at 7:30 on court 1 at Bozeman High School/Belgrade HS.
- Play will begin at 8 am sharp!
- Adults: $5
- Under 18: Free
- Concessions and tournament wear will be available for purchase at all locations:
- Belgrade and Bozeman High
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD ALLOWED AT BELGRADE OR BOZEMAN.
- Seating will be limited, do not sit on the bleachers unless they are pulled out
- Please give the girls as much room to play as possible!
- No ball handling outside of the gym please
- Please help us keep these facilities clean and available for our use in the future by cleaning up trash
- Water only in the gym NO:
- Sport Drinks
- If we have to ask your team more than once to remove these items from the gym, we will penalize your team 8 points for each violation.
- Bracket play is single elimination. If you lose, you will need to stay and officiate the next match. Do not let your team leave unless you have checked out with the site director.
- Warmups: pool…2-2-1 until all teams have played
- Bracket play: 2-2-1
- Coaches-please help us stay on schedule, call for captains IMMEDIATELY after the prior match’s competition
- Libero’s may serve for one rotation and do not have to come out prior to serving
- Tournament winners will receive medals
- Players may R1 during pool play only. COACHES must be standing next to that player and be willing to step in and correct calls that players may miss
- Ball will be out of bounds if the play crosses into the next court at any time
- No cell phones, IPod or any other gadgets while officiating
- If you are late to your officiating assignment, penalties will be assessed in your next match
- If any team members (athletes, coaches, family members, and friends) are found in areas of the school that have nothing to do with the tournament, that team will be sent home
- We will be using Volley-lite balls
- 7’ net
- 24’ service line for 5 serves in a row then move back to the end line
- If your servers can serve from the end line please have them do so.
- We will be following USAV rules
Below are the hotels that are recommended:
- BEST WESTERN GRANTREE INN VIEW DETAILS >
- BOZEMAN INN VIEW DETAILS >
- BOZEMAN RAMADA VIEW DETAILS >
- BOZEMAN’S WESTERN HERITAGE INN VIEW DETAILS >
- BUCKS T-4 VIEW DETAILS >
- C’MON INN VIEW DETAILS >
- COMFORT INN OF BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- COMFORT SUITES BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- COUNTRY INN & SUITES VIEW DETAILS >
- DAYS INN & SUITES BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- DAYS INN WEST YELLOWSTONE VIEW DETAILS >
- ELEMENT BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- FAIRFIELD INN BY MARRIOTT VIEW DETAILS >
- HAMPTON INN VIEW DETAILS >
- HILTON GARDEN INN BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- HOLIDAY INN BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES VIEW DETAILS >
- HOMEWOOD SUITES BY HILTON VIEW DETAILS >
- LEWIS & CLARK MOTEL OF BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- LEWIS & CLARK MOTEL OF THREE FORKS VIEW DETAILS >
- MARRIOTT RESIDENCE INN BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- MICROTEL INN & SUITES VIEW DETAILS >
- MOUNTAIN VIEW LODGE & SUITES VIEW DETAILS >
- RAINBOW MOTEL VIEW DETAILS >
- RANCH HOUSE MOTEL VIEW DETAILS >
- ROYAL 7 BUDGET INN VIEW DETAILS >
- SUPER 8 MOTEL OF BOZEMAN VIEW DETAILS >
- THE LARK VIEW DETAILS >
- TLC INN VIEW DETAILS >